What is Pinkvox?
Pinkvox is a great place for you to connect with other like minds, share your ideas, talents & passion, and collaborate to turn ideas into reality. Pinkvox is a social enterprise.
Does it cost money to have Pinkvox membership?
Pinkvox membership is free and always will be. We want Pinkvox to be an inclusive women community – not just for those who can pay for it.
How do I create an Account?
You can create an account by Clicking on the Join Now Button on the Home page or the Join Now tab at the right hand corner of all the pages. Alternatively you can also login using your other social accounts like FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn or email accounts like Google and Yahoo.
Why do I have to provide my date of birth?
Pinkvox requires all users to provide their real date of birth to encourage authenticity and provide only age-appropriate access to content. You will be able to hide this information from your profile if you wish.
Are there and Community rules and guidelines which I need to follow?
We as a community make the site what it is. We want Pinkvox to be a fun, safe and friendly place for women. Please read Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines and adhere to them.
How can I get involved?
You can start by joining the community or following us on other social networks.
How can I join a group?
Use the following steps to join a group in Pinkvox.
Login with your userid and password. Click on Community Menu. It will take you to All Groups directory. Browse the ones that interest you. Click Join Group button against the particular group. If it is a public group, you will automatically be a member of that group. If it is a private group, a message goes to the Group Moderator for approval. Once approved, you become the member of the group.
Are there any limits to the number of groups I can be part of?
There is no limit to the number of groups you can be part of. It all depends on your areas of interest.
I would like to start a group. How do I go about it?
Send us an email about the group you would like to start with the following details:
2. Brief Description
3. The purpose of the Group
4. Whether you would want to be the moderator of the Group? If not, the name and user id of the member you would like to nominate
5. Group Avatar (optional)
We will attempt to get back to you within 24 hours regarding a decision. On approval a group will be created within 24 hours.
Can I nominate myself to be a Group Moderator?
You can nominate yourself to be a Group Moderator. You can do so by contacting the existing Group Moderators or sending an email using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
What are the tasks of a Group Moderator?
The main task of the Group Moderator is to ensure that their group is acting within Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines.
The guidelines below articulate our mission and focus. Please note that any project that violates these guidelines will be declined or removed. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Projects with a purpose. Your idea can be in any arena. But it should have clearly defined goals and expectations. The projects should bring love, prosperity and empowerment to its stakeholders. At Pinkvox the stakeholders need to be women (men too can participate but the beneficiaries have to be women)
- No “fund my life” projects. Examples include projects to pay tuition or bills, go on vacation, or buy a new camera.
- Your project will be as successful as your determination to make it happen. If you start a project you cannot abandon it half way(except for exceptional cases).
I have an idea for a Project. How do I start it?
Login with your userid and password. Click on Share An Idea under the Projects Menu.Use the form to tell us about your idea. A member of Pinkvox team will get back to you within a business day or two about your proposal.
Does an idea submitted in the Pinkvox community have to make a product?
No. Project ideas can be any (including services).
Is Pinkvox a startup incubator?
Not in the conventional sense. Our present goals are to harness the power of collaboration to provide opportunities for women to move their ideas forward with the aim to empower them.
How can I join ongoing projects?
Login with your userid and password. Click on Discover New Projects under the Projects Menu. Browse the ones that interests you. Click on the Associate Pinkvox Group for more information. You can contact the Project Owner or Group Moderators to express your interest in joining or participating in the project. Remember every skill counts. Its only your interest that matters.
What to Submit?
On-Topic: Anything that is interesting and adds to one’s intellectual curiosity.
Off-Topic: Anything which has zero and/or negative value and you wouldnot spend time reading it yourself. Also Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines applies.
- Don’t do things to make titles stand out.
- If you submit a link to a video or podcast, add Video/Podcast at the end of the title.
- Submit the original source. If a post reports on something they found on another site, submit the original site.
- The text field is for starting discussions. If you’re submitting a link, put it in the url field. If you want to add initial commentary on the link, write a post about it and submit that instead.
- Don’t submit so many links at once that the new page is dominated by your submissions.
- If you want to say something to Pinkvox, please contact us through the Contact Form.
- Be civil. Don’t say things you wouldn’t say in a face to face conversation.
- When disagreeing, reply to the argument instead of calling names.
- Avoid introducing classic flamewar topics unless you have something genuinely new to say about them.
- Don’t sign comments, especially with your url. If other users want to learn more about you, they can click on your Pinkvox Username to see your profile.
- Don’t submit comments complaining that a submission is inappropriate for Pinkvox. If you think something is spam or offtopic, flag it by going to its page and clicking on the “flag” link. (Not all users will see this; there is a PinkPoint threshold.)
- Resist complaining about being downvoted. It never does any good, and it makes boring reading.
I want to write for Pinkvox. Whom should I contact?
Please see our Write For Pinkvox page for more details.
Volunteering at Pinkvox
Apart from wanting to work for empowering women and being the ambassadors of change, people are motivated to work for Pinkvox for different reasons:
- Explore their potential
- Course placement or work experience
- A couple of months to spare before starting a new job
- Build Special interest/skill
- To get involved in something different and rewarding
- To make good use of years of expertise post retirement
Whatever your reason is, we would love to hear from you! Contact us to find out more about the current opportunities available at Pinkvox
I have an idea that would make Pinkvox better?
Pinkvox members come up with a lot of great ideas and we love to hear your suggestions. To find if anyone has made the same suggestion, check out our suggestion list in For the Love of Pinkvox Forum. If you see a request similar to yours there, please comment on it.
If you don’t see your suggestion there, then please post it as a new topic. This helps us keep all of the suggestions organised so we can continue to improve the site!
If you are having a problem with a Pinkvox group, or see a violation of Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines , the first step is to contact the group’s moderator.
How to bring an User and/or Post to a Moderator’s Attention?
If you see an User and/or a forum post that violates Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines, the best course of action is to flag the User/Post in question. Flagging a User/Post causes them to appear on the reported Users/Posts tab for the administrator. Flagging is not anonymous – the administrator will be able to see who flagged the member and/or the post.
Click the “Flag this member as inappropriate” and/or “Flag a post” link that appears at the bottom of the page to bring the member or post to the notice of the administrator.
How to “Unflag” a Post?
If you flagged a post or a member by accident , you can click the “UnFlag” link at the bottom of the page to undo the flagging. A notification will be sent to the administrator accordingly.
How to Message a Moderator?
You can find a list of the group moderators at individual group page.
Group moderators are responsible for making sure that their group is acting within Pinkvox Community rules and guidelines, and you are always welcome to send a private note or message to group moderators.
How to reach Pinkvox?
If you are not comfortable turning to any of the group’s moderators, contacting the moderator did not resolve your issue, or you feel that Pinkvox needs to be aware of particularly troublesome behavior, you are always welcome to contact us directly. We read all of our emails and always investigate problems.
The quickest way to reach us is by sending an email using the Contact Us link that appears in the footer of every Pinkvox page. We will try to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your email.